I know I haven’t really been involved with CFTP long, but I’ve been watching Jim, Mike, Russ, Mark, Jenny, etc. work on this project for over a year now. They do put their all into the work, more than just the energy to record, whether it is rearranging their families’ schedules so that they can record uninterrupted, or using up a lot of gas and car mileage to get to conventions and back again. It is not because they are financially wealthy, it is because they love doing it and you all love their work. Well, now, we need your help.
Jim, the mastermind behind all of this and the main editor, is in need of a good computer for editing. CFTP work melted his first laptop and is starting to destroy his second. Digital video editing takes a lot of processing, and expels a lot of heat, eventually to the point that the less-than-metal parts of a laptop just can’t handle. We’re not looking for state-of-the-art, so-new-most-tech-blogs-haven’t-heard-of-it, but rather something that can handle video/sound processing without overheating or having to stop at random times (think along the lines of a basic gaming PC).
I’m pretty confident our average viewer doesn’t have a good functioning gaming PC to send our way or the cash laying around for us to get one, but we all have a few bucks we could spare so we can be spared Jim’s lamenting another melted laptop, right? Right?
Okay, here’s what you can do.
1. Buy something. Head over to our store and purchase a DVD. I know the store doesn’t look too glamorous right now, but I’m working on it.
2. Spread the word about our need for donations in addition to spreading the word about the videos we produce. We’re on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, YouTube, and WordPress. Copy and paste the site on your URL bar into a status or post.
3. Donate. Even $5 will help. Heck, that’s not even a single admission to a potentially bad movie where commentary and outside food aren’t welcome.
- Supporters Beyond the Sun, with a donation of $5.00 or more, get a mention in an upcoming episode credits.
- Supporters of the Aztec Mummy, with a donation of $10.00 or more, get a shout-out on the page for the episode in the official “Episode Guide” here on the site, in addition to everything a Supporter Beyond the Sun gets.
- Invasion of the Bee Supporters, with a donation of $20.00 or more, get an “Official Sponsorship” for the entire season, with the donating person/organization’s name appearing in the credits for every episode this season, plus the cool stuff above.
- Atomic Supporters from Space, with a donation of $100.00 or more, get three DVDs of donor’s choice from the CFTP episode library, plus the stuff above.
- THE Supporter with the Secret Kung Fu, with the donation of a great, functioning computer (desktop, not a laptop) similar to what we described (with necessary accessories like monitor, keyboard, speakers, and mouse), gets everything listed above plus a standard paper box filled with my (in)famous homemade goodies, including cookies, bread, and my award-winning applesauce.
I believe we can make this happen, but only with your help.
Love, Peace, and Collard Greens,
Lin, CFTP Webmistress